Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 lb dried ziti pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups green kale
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander and set it aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage to the skillet and break it up using the back of a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it is no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Stir in the onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the kale, garlic, and half of the thyme. Cook, stirring, until the kale has wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and stir in the pasta. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pasta and transfer the dish to the oven. Bake until the cheese has melted and the pasta has heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the remaining thyme leaves and red pepper flakes, or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g