Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 lb tomatillo, husked and rinsed
- ½ white onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem removed
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn the broiler on high.
- Arrange the tomatillos, onion, and jalapeño on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 10 minutes flipping once half way through cooking.
- Once the vegetables are charred, remove the from the oven and transfer to a food processor. Add garlic, cilantro, lime zest and juice and pulse until everything is broken down but the mixture remains just a bit chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salsa verde can be enjoyed immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- **Note: If you'd like the Salsa Verde slightly less spicy, cut the jalapeño in half and remove the seeds and membranes before broiling.