Sage & Butternut Squash Oatmeal
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh sage
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the butternut squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with half the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the squash until it becomes tender, about 20 minutes. Remove it from the oven an set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sage and cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds. Add the oats, roasted squash, and chicken broth. Stir and bring the mixture to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply