Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 19-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 package cheese tortellini
- 4 cups green kale
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it is golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the sausage from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring, until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the fire-roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the tortellini. Cover the skillet and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once tender, stir in the kale. Continue to cook until the kale is wilted, about 3 minutes. Return the sausage to the skillet and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 1149mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 17g