Roasted Veggie Tacos
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup prepared salsa verde, for serving
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the sweet potato, peppers, and onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with the oil and season them with the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bake the vegetables until they begin to soften and brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the black beans, corn, and the juice of half of the lime. Return the vegetables to the oven and continue to bake until the beans have heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the tacos by filling the tortillas with the roasted vegetables. Top with the cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator unassembled for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 704mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 17gSugar: 9gProtein: 16g
Leave a Reply