Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets in olive oil, salt and pepper until well coated. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking sheet. Bake until the cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it has softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the roasted red peppers, roasted cauliflower and vegetable broth. Season with fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower begins to fall apart, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, temper the goat cheese by ladling 1 cup of broth into the bowl and whisking until the mixture is fully combined. Pour the mixture back into the pot and stir well.
- Remove pot from the stove and puree soup using an immersion blender.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 894mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g