Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 6 red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
Smoky Tomato Sauce
- 1 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 19-once can tomato, drained
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Roast the potatoes until they are softa and golden, about 35 minutes, flipping twice during cooking. Finish with the fresh parsley. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the onions. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften. Add the garlic, oregano, fennel seeds, smoked paprika, and diced tomatoes and cook until sauce begins to reduce, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sherry vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chunky or blend with immersion blender.
- Pour the sauce over potatoes just before serving or store for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.