Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- ½ cup freshly grated asiago cheese
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. In a large high-sided skillet with a lid, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until it begins to brown and releases easily from the pan, about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook until the other side is browned, an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the browned chicken to a plate and set it aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add another tablespoon of oil. Add the onion to the pan and cook until it has softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for an additional 30 seconds. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. While whisking, slowly add the broth. Continue to whisk until the liquid begins to thicken, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the asiago cheese and continue to whisk until it is fully incorporated. Stir in the rosemary.
- Return the chicken to the pan, flip it in the sauce to coat and then cover it. Continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 6 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g