Ranch Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
This sweet and savory one-dish dinner is absolutely irresistible. It starts with protein-packed ground turkey and fiber-rich sweet potatoes and then enhanced with just a drizzle of delicious ranch dressing.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 cups green kale, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ranch seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until they have softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Stir in the sweet potatoes and chicken broth. Cook, stirring regularly, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the kale, ranch seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the kale has wilted.
- Serve immediately topped with the ranch dressing. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 612mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 33g
Leave a Reply