Quinoa Salad with Asparagus & Feta
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan combine the quinoa, vegetable broth, and garlic over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the quinoa sit for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a steamer basket, steam the asparagus until it turns bright green and becomes fork tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Run the asparagus under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, toss the quinoa with the asparagus, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and crumbled feta cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Leave a Reply