Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mushrooms
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the beef in the skillet and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the beef, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until the peppers begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Return the beef to the skillet and stir in the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until the beef broth reduces slightly, about 2 minutes. Top with the provolone cheese.
Broil until the cheese has melted and begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 435mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 40g