This Pesto Potato Salad is the perfect make-ahead recipe for your next summer bbq, potluck or pool party! It comes together using just a few simple ingredients and it stores beautifully so feel free to make a double batch!
- 4 cups baby potatoes, halved
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they are fork-tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Once cooked, drain the potatoes and run them under cold water until they are completely cooled. Transfer them into a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together the pesto, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes and add the Parmesan, shallot, and fresh basil. Mix until the potatoes are evenly coated.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you want to swap out the mayonnaise in this recipe you can use a splash of olive oil instead!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.