This incredible quick and easy dinner recipe is absolutely delicious and is ready in just 15 minutes. You can enjoy the Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp all on their own, but serving them up with some homemade pineapple salsa takes everything to the next level!
- 1 ½ cups chopped pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ lemon, juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the salsa, in a medium bowl, add the pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir everything together and set it aside.
- To make the shrimp, pat the shrimp dry with some paper towel. Set it aside.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk everything together and transfer the shrimp into the bowl. Toss until the shrimp is evenly coated with the seasoning.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and heat the oil. Once the butter is melted, add the garlic to the pan and cook until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Arrange the shrimp in the pan in a single layer. Cook until the shrimp begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp over and continue to cook until the remaining side begins to brown and the shrimp is cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Season the shrimp with the parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately with the pineapple salsa or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can feel free to leave out the cayenne pepper if you aren't a fan of heat
- You can also leave the cilantro out of the pineapple salsa
- Serve up with a side of rice, or all on its own!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 270mgSodium: 1243mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 27g