Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Pesto Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the starchy cooking water. Set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it is golden on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the asparagus, tortellini, and the reserved pasta water. Stir in the tomatoes and pesto. Continue to cook until the asparagus is bright green, about 2 minutes. Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediatley or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 678Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 756mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 41g