Pesto Chicken Tortellini
This delicious Pesto Chicken Tortellini is loaded with flavor and bright spring vegetables. It only requires a few ingredients and is ready to serve in just 20 minutes. If you don't have asparagus and tomatoes you can sub in any fresh veggies that you have available!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Pesto Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the starchy cooking water. Set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it is golden on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the asparagus, tortellini, and the reserved pasta water. Stir in the tomatoes and pesto. Continue to cook until the asparagus is bright green, about 2 minutes. Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediatley or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 678Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 756mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 41g
Leave a Reply