Pan Seared White Fish with Lemon Butter Sauce
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 sole fillets (4oz)
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet, add the butter over medium-high heat. Cook the butter, until it is lightly golden and smells nutty, about 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and stir in the juice of half of the lemon. Set it aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towel and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge each fillet in the flour and place them in the skillet. If necessary, cook the fish in batches as to not overcrowd the pan. Cook the fish until it is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fish and cook until the remaining side is golden, another 2 minutes. Remove the fish from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook, tossing occasionally, until it is bright green, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the zest and juice of half of the lemon.
- Serve immediatley with the white fish and lemon butter sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 643mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g
Leave a Reply