This One Pot Pesto Penne has lots of bright, fresh flavor but only requires a handful of ingredients. The secret is store-bought pesto sauce which is packed with high impact ingredients like garlic, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
One Pot Pesto Penne with Spinach & Peas
This beautiful green One Pot Pesto Penne is packed with nutrition and bright, fresh flavors. We've used peas and spinach here but you can really add any greens you have on hand. It comes together in just 15 minutes on the stove so it's perfect for busy weeknights.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 lb dried penne pasta
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Pesto Sauce
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, combine the penne, broth, onion, and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook, stirring every 1 to 2 minutes, until the pasta is tender and the liquid has almost been completely absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the pesto sauce, baby spinach, and peas and cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach is wilted and the peas are just heated through, another 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the fresh basil or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For best results, add another splash of vegetable broth when reheating the pasta.
Leave a Reply