Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, combine the quinoa, black beans, corn, red bell pepper, garlic, jalapeño, salsa, and vegetable broth. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed. Turn off the heat and allow the quinoa to sit for an additional 5 minutes. Finish with fresh lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Store in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.