One Pot Chicken Parmesan
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb dried penne pasta
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 28-oz can tomato
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts until they’re golden brown and release easily from the pan, about 6 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set them aside.
- To the same skillet add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add the pasta, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in spinach and return chicken to the skillet. Top the dish with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply