Mushroom & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, divided
- ½ cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they release their moisture, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and half of the thyme and parsley. Cook for another minute and turn off the heat. Stir in the goat cheese and season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the chicken, use a paring knife to cut a slit into the thickest part of each chicken breast to create a small pocket. Arrange them on a the baking sheet and season them with oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and the remaining thyme leaves. Stuff each pocket with the filling. Bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and is golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply