Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the spinach, cilantro, onion, poblano pepper, jalapeño, garlic, and ¼ cup of broth. Set it aside.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until it begins to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the green salsa and cook, stirring, until it becomes fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the broth. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pot and continue to cook until all of the broth has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Stir in the beans and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the rice immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 522mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 10gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g