Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked orzo
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the membranes and seeds. Boil the peppers until they are flexible, between 3 to 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and bell pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the olives and garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add cooked orzo, chicken, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook until everything is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Stuff each pepper with the filling and arrange them in a well-greased roasting dish. Top each pepper with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Roast the peppers until the cheese becomes slightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately topped with the parsley or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- **Note: The orzo in this recipe can be replaced with cooked rice.