Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup hot banana peppers
- ¼ cup slices pepperoni
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, half of the cheese, salt, and pepper. Set it aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture, gently stirring until the eggs begin to set, about 2 minutes. Spoon the tomato sauce over the eggs and season with the oregano. Top with the remaining cheese, the hot peppers, and pepperoni slices.
- Bake the breakfast pizza until the eggs have completely set and the cheese is melted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Broil the pizza until the cheese is lightly golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the basil or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 301mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g