Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- ½ lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken with half of the lemon pepper seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Carefully place chicken into the hot skillet. Cook until the chicken is golden and releases easily from the pan, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from skillet and set it aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. To the same skillet add the onion and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice, chicken broth, and remaining lemon pepper seasoning and mix well. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the asparagus, arrange the lemon slices on top, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.