Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 oz rice noodles, cooked
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients. Set it aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken on the skillet and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken begins to brown and reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 7 to 8 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, pepper, and carrots to the skillet and cook, stirring until they begin to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the noodles and sauce to the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet, and stir in the green onions. Cook, stirring constantly, until the noodles have heated through and the sauce has mostly been absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the chopped peanuts or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 1011mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g