Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp 2% milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 hot Italian sausages, removed from their casings
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, diced
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set it aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the baby spinach and roasted red peppers. Continue to cook unitl the spinach has wilted, about 1 minute. Push the sausage mixture to one side of the pan. On the remaining side, pour in the egg mixture and season with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs begin to set, about 1 to 2 minutes. Combine the eggs with the sausage mixture and add the Parmesan cheese. Continue to cook. stirring, until the eggs have completley set, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 418mgSodium: 912mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g