Italian Baked Pasta
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 19-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beef to the skillet and break it up using the side of a spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavours concentrate and the sauce begins to reduce, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta and top with the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake until the cheese begins to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 780mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 28g
Leave a Reply