Switch up your typical breakfast this week and try this hearty and delicious Hummus & Veggie Breakfast Bowl! This protein and fiber-packed dish starts with a bed of fresh kale and shaved Brussels sprouts. Top your greens with quinoa, avocado, slivered almonds, and a boiled egg. Serve it up with a side of hummus and enjoy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups green kale
- ¼ lb shredded Brussels sprouts, shredded
- ½ cup cooked red quinoa
- ¼ cup hummus
- ¼ avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 large egg, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, shallot, salt, and pepper. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, massage the kale with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Using tongs, toss in the Brussels sprouts, quinoa, and the dressing.
- Spread the hummus on the base of a serving dish. Arrange the salad on top of the hummus and top with the avocado, egg, almonds, and red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days..