This delicious Homemade Bread has a crisp, golden exterior and a soft chewy interior that is perfect for toast, sandwiches, or can be enjoyed all on its own. It is made with just 5 simple ingredients and doesn't require any kneading at all.
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp yeast, active dry yeast or instant
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- In a measuring cup, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate. If you're using instant yeast, you can stir it directly into the flour without activating it.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour and salt together. Add the yeast mixture to flour and mix just until combined. The dough will be sticky and straggly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in a warm spot in your home. Allow the dough to rise for at least 12 hours; overnight is ideal.
- Lightly flour a sheet of parchment paper and transfer the risen dough into the center. Gently fold the dough into itself 3 or 4 times and then flip it over, seam-side down to create a ball. Use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the dough into a clean bowl. Cover it with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise for an additional 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place an empty Dutch oven into the oven and allow it to heat for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove Dutch oven from the oven. Use the edges of the parchment paper to carefully transfer the dough into the Dutch oven, cover it with the lid, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid from the Dutch oven and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- Remove the Dutch oven from the oven and allow the bread to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing it. Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 586mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g