Fall is here and this beautiful Harvest Salad embraces the wonderful flavors that the season has to offer! The dish starts with a bed of kale and is topped with fresh squash, crisp apple slices, crunchy pecans, creamy goat cheese, and sweet dried cranberries! It is finished with some sliced chicken and topped with a beautiful maple Dijon dressing! Enjoy!
For the Maple Vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups green kale
- 1 apple, diced
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Pour half of the vinaigrette over the chicken breasts and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Set remaining vinaigrette aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Arrange the marinated chicken breasts on one side a large nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. On the other side, add the squash and drizzle with the vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the squash has softened and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Once the chicken has cooled slightly, thinly slice it.
- In a large bowl, add kale and drizzle with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Massage kale until it becomes tender.
- Arrange the kale in a large serving dish and top it with the remaining ingredients including the cooked squash and sliced chicken breast. Top with the remaining vinaigrette,
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 527mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 9gSugar: 25gProtein: 26g