Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- ½ pineapple, cored and cut into rings
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Arrange the pineapple rings on the grill and cook until grill marks appear, about 4 to 6 minutes. Flip the pineapple rings and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove them from the heat and allow them to cool completely.
- Finely dice the pineapple and transfer it to a bowl. Add the red onion, chili, lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro. Toss and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pineapple Salsa can be enjoyed immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.