Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Mint Pesto Sauce
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb dried penne pasta
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- 2 corn on the cob, husked
- 1 cup arugula
- Place the basil, mint, garlic, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese into the bowl of a food processor. Blend the ingredients until they begin to break down. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the sauce is smooth. Season the pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta in a colander and set it aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, brush the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. On a grill over medium-high heat, arrange the zucchini. Cook until grill marks appear and the zucchini releases easily from the grill, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the zucchini and continue to cook unitl grill marks appear on the other side, another 3 minutes. Remove the zucchini from the grill and allow it to cool before handling.
- Arrange the corn on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until the kernels are bright yellow and the grill marks appear, about 10 minutes. Once cooked, allow the corn to cool before handling.
- Once cool, roughly chop the zucchini and remove the corn kernels from the cob.
- In a large mixingi bowl, toss the pasta with the pesto. Stir in the zucchini, corn, arugla, and chives.
- Serve immediately topped with the goat cheese or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.