Grilled Corn & Chipotle Guacamole
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
- 3 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 corn on the cob, husked
- 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the corn, flipping regularly, until it has turned bright yellow and developed char marks on all sides, about 6 minutes. Remove the corn from the grill and allow it to cool slightly. Using a sharp, serrated knife, carefully remove the corn from the cob.
- Using a potato masher, mash the avocados. Mix in the grilled corn, red onion, tomato, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To prevent the guacamole from browning, cover the surface with plastic wrap.
Leave a Reply