Greek Chicken Penne
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 lb dried penne pasta
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 28-oz can tomato
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring regularly, until it started to brown, about 6 minutes. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it becomes soft and tranlucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for an additional 30 seconds. Add the diced tomatoes, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and olives. Season with Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and stir until it is well coated. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir.
- Serve immediately topped with crumbled feta cheese or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply