This tender Garlic Butter Chicken is sure to become your new favorite weeknight dinner. It's simple, affordable, and comes together in under 15 minutes on the stove. Plus, the flavor is so good, even the pickiest eaters won't be able to resist.
This chicken is so incredible for weeknight cooking. It's quick and easy but has the best texture. It's great for dinner served with rice or roast potatoes and some greens. At the same time, it's perfect for meal prep because it reheats beautifully.
What is Garlic Butter Chicken made with?
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Chicken broth
Can I use a different cut of chicken for this recipe?
Absolutely! I like boneless skinless chicken thighs because they stay really moist and tender through the cooking process but this recipe would work just as well with chicken breast. If you decide to go with chicken breast, I would suggest cutting them in half lengthwise to make them cook up a little more quickly.
What pan works best for this recipe?
You can really use any pan or skillet you like for this recipe but my preference is to use a ceramic non-stick pan. In this case, it ensures your chicken won't stick and makes clean up a whole lot easier. You can find my favorite pan HERE.
Looking for more delicious chicken dinner recipes? Check these out...
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and salt. Sprinkle some of the seasoning on one side of the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken in the skillet, seasoned side down.
- Season the remaining side of the chicken with the seasoning blend. Cook until it begins to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Once golden, add the butter to the skillet. Once it is melted, add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan, spooning the mixture over the chicken thighs. Continue to cook until the broth has reduced and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.