This recipe uses two of my favorite supermarket shortcuts - fresh gnocchi and pesto sauce - to create a dish that tastes totally restaurant-worthy but comes together in just 20 minutes.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup Pesto Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink and begins to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the pesto sauce and continue to cook, stirring, until everything is well combined, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broth and cream. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the gnocchi. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the liquid has mostly been absorbed and has thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the baby spinach and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Continue to cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately topped with some more Parmesan cheese or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g