Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb dried rotini pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ lb broccolini
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are fragrant and begin to brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the garlic from the oil. Add the broccolini and cook, stirring, until it is bright green, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cooked rotini and the reserved pasta water. Cook, stirring, until the broccolini is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepepr to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g