Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium-high heat. Cook, stiring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove half of the bacon from the pot and set it aside. Add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cauliflower, chicken broth, and cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the cauliflower begins to soften, about 10 to 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and purée the soup using an immersion blender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream with 1 cup of the hot soup. Pour the mixture into the pot and mix well. Stir in half of the cheddar cheese and half of the chives. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with the remaining cheddar cheese, chives, and reserved bacon bits. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1013mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g