Fresh & Fruity Kale Salad
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- ½ cup long grain and wild rice
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups green kale
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 apple, diced
- ½ cup red grapes
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup chopped roasted almonds
- Cook the long grain and wild rice according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, agave, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, massage the kale with half of the vinaigrette. Toss it with the cooked rice and transfer it to a serving dish. Top with the apple, grapes, cherries, almonds and the remaining vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 7gSugar: 19gProtein: 8g
Leave a Reply