Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it softens and begins to caramelize, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set it aside.
- Returning to the skillet, add the Worcestershire sauce and thyme leaves and cook until they are fragrant, 30 seconds. Pour the eggs into the pan while stirring. When the eggs begin to solidify, season the scramble with salt, pepper, and half of the Gruyere.
- Serve immediately topped with the remaining Gruyere.