Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs flank steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor combine parsley, cilantro, oregano, chili, shallot and garlic. Pulse until finely minced. Add red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or serve immediately with flank steak.
- Flank Steak:
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle flank steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Turn broiler to high.
- Once heated, place steak under broiler and broil for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Add 1 minute per side for medium.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Using a very sharp knife slice the beef as thinly as possible, cutting against the grain.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Beef can be added to pasta, salads, fajitas or eaten on its own.
Leave a Reply