Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the onions and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, garlic, olives, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have softened, another 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and top it with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g