This quick and easy Vegetable Soup is loaded with fiber and lots of good-for-you ingredients you'll love. It freezes beautifully so be sure to make a double batch.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 19-oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind
- 3 cups green kale, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a Dutch oven or pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasinally, until they begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook, stirring, until they are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chickpeas, fire-roasted tomatoes, and broth. Add the Parmesan cheese rind and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. Continue to cook until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have concentrated, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard the Parmesan rind. Stir in the kale and peas. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the kale is bright green and wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 896mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 7g