Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken bone-in, skin-on breasts
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 19-oz can tomato
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place chicken, skin side down, in skillet and cook until skin is browned and chicken release easily from the pan. Flip chicken over and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Add roasted red peppers and diced tomatoes and bring mixture to a simmer. Add spinach, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove lid, stir well and add chicken back into the pan. Cover and cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve chicken over rice or pasta and topped with tomato mixture or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 40g