Crispy Gnocchi with Warm Bruschetta
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 lb store-bought gnocchi
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 6 cups arugula
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the gnocchi until it floats to the top, about 1 minute. Drain the gnocchi, making sure to get rid of all of the excess water.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Transfer the gnocchi to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is lightly golden on all sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the gnocchi from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until they are fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and continue to cook until they begin to break down, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the white wine vinegar and basil.
- Serve the gnocchi immediatley over the arugula and top it with the hot bruschetta topping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
Leave a Reply