This delicious dish is bursting with summer flavors like shrimp, tomatoes, and corn. It's the perfect balance of savory, smoky, and sweet.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until it is golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the bacon and continue to cook until the bacon is crisp about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside
- Arrange the shrimp in the skillet and cook until it turns pink about 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and continue to cook until they are completely pink and opaque about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp into a clean bowl and set it aside.
- Add the shallot, garlic, and jalapeño to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until they are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is bright yellow, about 2 minutes. Stir in the rice and arrange the mixture into an even layer. Continue to cook, without stirring, until the rice begins to brown, about 5 minutes. While the rice is cooking, chop the bacon. Once the rice begins to brown, stir the mixture and press it back down into an even layer.
- Continue to cook, without stirring, until the rice is golden, about 3 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the bacon.
- Serve immediately topped with cherry tomatoes, cooked shrimp, and green onion. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 251mgSodium: 1356mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g