These Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are so scrumptious, you can never stop at just one. They start with chocolate and peanut butter and then get their bite from a special secret ingredient.
Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Warning: These Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are so scrumptious, you can never stop at just one. They start with chocolate and peanut butter (a perfect pair as far as we're concerned) and then get their crunchy bite thanks to a special secret ingredient.
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 5 Medjool dates
- ¾ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In the bowl of a food processor add the dates, peanut butter, and coconut flour. Blend until everything is well combined. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Fold in the crisp rice cereal. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls. Arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place them in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, over low heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler, stirring often. Once the chocolate is completely melted, using a fork, dip the balls, one at a time, and coat them evenly with the chocolate. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off and set them back on the parchment-lined baking sheet. If using, sprinkle the top of each ball with a little bit of flaked sea salt. Refrigerate until the chocolate has completely set, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
Leave a Reply