These Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are so scrumptious, you can never stop at just one. They start with chocolate and peanut butter and then get their bite from a special secret ingredient.
- 5 Medjool dates
- ¾ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In the bowl of a food processor add the dates, peanut butter, and coconut flour. Blend until everything is well combined. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Fold in the crisp rice cereal. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls. Arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place them in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, over low heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler, stirring often. Once the chocolate is completely melted, using a fork, dip the balls, one at a time, and coat them evenly with the chocolate. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off and set them back on the parchment-lined baking sheet. If using, sprinkle the top of each ball with a little bit of flaked sea salt. Refrigerate until the chocolate has completely set, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g