Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, hea the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumnin, and oregano. Cook until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broth, beans, chicken, and corn. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid reduces slightly and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Place the sour cream in a medium bowl and whisk in 1 cup of the hot broth. Pour the sour cream mixture into the soup. Turn the heat off and stir in the cilanto. Season the soup well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.