Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the chicken on the skillet and cook until they are golden, about 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the butter and mushrooms to the skillet. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, until they begin to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cream and return the chicken to the skillet. Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- To make the cauliflower mash, steam the cauliflower until it is tender, about 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. Add the butter and cream. Using a potato masher, mash the cauliflower until it is completely smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 285mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 32g