Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
- 1 lb small dried pasta shells
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water accodring to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the oil over meidum-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken begins to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Continue to cook until they are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the white wine, and cook, stirring, until the liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Transfer the cooked pasta into the skillet along with ½ cup of the pasta water. Mix well. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and parsley. Continue to cook, stirring, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 564mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 27g