Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and arrange it in the skillet. Cook until it is brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to cook until the remaining side is brown, about 4 minutes. Once brown, remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until it softens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chili and cook until it is fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk, honey, lime zest, and lime juice to the skillet and return the chicken to the pan. Cover the skillet and bring the mixture to a simmer. Continue to cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF. Stir in the snap peas and cook until they are tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some cooked rice or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.